Drayton Soccer Information – 2023
The Drayton Soccer Club executive welcomes you to the 2023 season! We offer a safe, friendly, athletic and fair play environment for all players. Players are categorized by age, and teams are chosen randomly. We do our best to have an even mix of boys and girls, and coaches are assigned as available. Teams will NOT be reshuffled once this process has been completed.
Kiddie Kicker - U4/5 and U6 (born 2017-2019)
• The U4/5 and U6 levels choose to play only in Drayton on Thursdays at 6:30. The first half hour is for practice and the second half hour a small game is played. First night is May 25th and last night is July 27th.
• U4/5 and U6 players are also known as Kiddie Kickers. It is policy that a parent or adult guardian is in attendance at all times. Parental involvement is required.
• Timbit uniforms are provided to Kiddie Kicker players, pending a successful application to Tim Hortons.
U8 and up (born 2005 - 2016)
These age groups play on fields throughout the North Perth league (npsl.ca) . This league has clubs from Drayton, Palmerston, Wallace, Newton, Elma, Listowel and Howick.
Practice nights will be determined based on field availability and the coach’s schedule.
Fees are listed under the Registration tab. This includes use of fields, team and individual pictures, the use of a uniform shirt (unless provided a Timbits uniform) and a ball. U8 and younger players also receive a trophy/medallion. If funding is available, Timbits uniforms will be available to Kiddie Kickers and U8 players. Parents supply shorts, soccer cleats and shin pads.
Games begin May TBD for U8 and older, weather permitting. Practice a week or two before that. Practice nights are a week night chosen by the coach. Players will be informed of this once we have enough coaches. Most games start at 7:00. (Kiddie Kickers at 6:30) Game nights are:
• Monday: U10, U18
• Tuesday: U8, U12
• Wednesday: U14
• Thursday: U4/5 and U6 (Kiddie Kickers), U16
Equipment and Uniforms
• All players U8 and older must wear shin guards that go from the ankle to just below the knee.
• Timbit uniforms are provided to U8 players, pending a successful application to Tim Hortons.
• A team jersey is provided to each player (that does not receive a Timbits uniform). These must be returned on the last day of soccer to your coach. There will be a pick-up time when the coaches return their equipment.
• Please provide black soccer socks and black shorts for your child.
• Soccer shoes are recommended. Cleats are optional and cannot be metal.
Team/Individual photos (included in your registration fee) are taken in June. TBD
Coaches and assistant coaches are required at every level, as well as new members of the executive. Without these volunteers, we cannot have a soccer program. If you would like to help out, please contact Joanne Keunen at 519-577-6857.
As a member of the Southwest Regional Soccer Association, the Drayton Soccer Club has a zero-tolerance policy for verbal and physical abuse of players, referees and coaches. Ours is a recreational league emphasizing fun and sportsmanship. All players have an equal opportunity to play and parents are necessary participants. Coaches have the responsibility to counsel any parent who is not supportive of players and referees on the field. Referees have the final authority for the removal of any player, coach or spectator for unacceptable behaviour.